Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Member Interviews

The idea for this thread was started by Melon and expanded on by myself

There are a lot of things about ourselves that don't come up in general forum conversation but are interesting tidbits of ourselves. So how about interviews? I figure we can do something like this:

-Whoever is willing to participate in an interview can say so here.
    -We can choose one member to be interviewed per (day/week/month)
    -Members can private message their questions to the selected member
    -The selected member can choose, privately, which questions they want to answer and which they do not
    -At the end of x time the selected member can post the questions they've chosen to answer and their responses in an interview format

Or whatever way of going about this makes the most sense What do you guys think?

(I stole the format from another forum, but modified it a bit ).

Basically, I like the idea, considering, we are a small community and have known each other for quite some time. But which thread Melon started gave you the idea?
    - ganbaru -

Quote Originally Posted by musi View Post
    Basically, I like the idea, considering, we are a small community and have known each other for quite some time. But which thread Melon started gave you the idea?
    It wasn't a thread. I sent a PM to Jez, because I thought it'd be nice to get to know people at the forum a bit more than what is written in the threads here, and that's basically it.
    Not many personal things being said and I don't even know anyone here (except for Lochtain and now Jez) by name, so it'd be a nice thing to do, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastmelon View Post
    It wasn't a thread. I sent a PM to Jez, because I thought it'd be nice to get to know people at the forum a bit more than what is written in the threads here, and that's basically it.
    Not many personal things being said and I don't even know anyone here (except for Lochtain and now Jez) by name, so it'd be a nice thing to do, I think.
    Oh, ok
    I know some members do not like disclosing their true identities, but some wouldn't mind, I think. Besides, I think it all depends on the questions
    - ganbaru -

Quote Originally Posted by musi View Post
    Oh, ok
    I know some members do not like disclosing their true identities, but some wouldn't mind, I think. Besides, I think it all depends on the questions
    We don't have to ask for full-names, address or their complete date of birth, since that's not really all that interesting anyway. Just other things about them, that'd be interesting to know, or things that you don't normally share.

Yes, just fun questions. And I figured by asking them through pm it will keep things even more private if someone doesn't want to answer a particular question.

And no member should feel pressured to have to disclose anything they don't want to or be interviewed. Strictly voluntary And of course members wouldn't have to be interviewed in order to be able to ask questions.

So, who would like to be the first interviewee?

Maybe you would?

Sounds ok to me...you can interview me if you want, but there is already plenty of my madness strewn around the forum.

Who exactly starts the interviews?

Maybe we could ask the questions directly in the thread? Or do you think that won't be appropriate? Then it would be a real interview. Say, 1 question per post, but as many questions as members like to ask..
    - ganbaru -