Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Puglover View Post
    Every year since I've been teaching, I have my back-to-school dreams. They generally start around this time, and I have dreams in which I am facing a classroom full of students but I'm completely unprepared for the year to begin. I don't have any copies made of their syllabus, sometimes I don't have a class roster, and I just generally feel so unprepared.

I've become accustomed to these dreams and figure I will have them for the remainder of my teaching career. I guess it's kind of funny, because by the time school begins I am more than prepared and I'm always ready for classes to resume. At least, when I wake up from the dream, I always feel relieved.
    I have definitely had dreams about teaching just like that. Although I have dreams like that (late, lost, forgot things, unprepared, etc) about everything. Traveling or writing papers are two that come to mind. Also, I've had lots of dreams with people drowning in them because I used to lifeguard. I haven't lifeguarded in years, and I still have a dream like that every once in a while. Talk about relieved when I wake up.
    "Use your natural powers - of persistence, concentration, insight, and sensitivity - to do work you love and work that matters." - Susan Cain, Quiet

"[Y]ou are not too busy to write, you are busy because you do not write." - Wendy Belcher

A 3 hours dream involving 2 serial killer, being kidnapped, high speed car chases and double plot twists. I should cut down on the series... Or stop falling asleep when I shouldn't. Creepy. Glad I woke up to a completely normal world.
    - ganbaru -

Quote Originally Posted by musi View Post
    A 3 hours dream involving 2 serial killer, being kidnapped, high speed car chases and double plot twists. I should cut down on the series... Or stop falling asleep when I shouldn't. Creepy. Glad I woke up to a completely normal world.
    haha! I know the feeling. I just woke up from a dream where I was involved in some kind of complex money-laundering plot in a foreign country.
    "Use your natural powers - of persistence, concentration, insight, and sensitivity - to do work you love and work that matters." - Susan Cain, Quiet

"[Y]ou are not too busy to write, you are busy because you do not write." - Wendy Belcher

Quote Originally Posted by margaine View Post
    haha! I know the feeling. I just woke up from a dream where I was involved in some kind of complex money-laundering plot in a foreign country.
    Ooh, any details? Maybe we can make this dream come true
    - ganbaru -

Quote Originally Posted by musi View Post
    Ooh, any details? Maybe we can make this dream come true
    unfortunately no details that make sense. ;-)

I am 27 years out of college and I still have college dreams. Usually they involve me suddenly realizing I have forgotten to go to a class all semester. I always seem to be trying to get somewhere and I can't. My dreams takes too many rabbit-trails. Sometimes I remember I am married and have kids, and I get very confused.

I just realized that last night I had a dream that Jez was back on the forum. I'm not sure if I've had a forum-based dream before . . . says something for sure. ;-)

Funny, I've been missing her, too. Tempermental at times, but lots of fun to read I hope she is healthy and doing well.

I don't remember dreams as often as I used to. Maybe I'll lay out a notebook next to my bed, that used to help.

...For miracles, gravitating
    To earth, know just where people will be waiting,
    And eagerly will find the right address
    And tenant, even in a wilderness.

-Joseph Brodsky

http://thehungersite.greatergood.com...oGive/trs/home

All my dreams are nightmares.

I had a dream yesterday with an awesome visual pun in it. I'm a little scared about what it means about my brain that I've now had a visual pun dream.

In my dream, I was eating an apple, or trying to. I definitely had the taste of apple in my mouth. I was still trying to eat the apple, but it was also my iPod. So I was nibbling away at my iPod, both wanting to eat the apple and being worried that I was breaking my iPod.

Get it . . . apple - iPod. Most amusing thing I can remember from a dream ever.