Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188196197198
Results 1,971 to 1,976 of 1976
    Now that I am done devoting my life to organising a meeting of international ministers from the world's twenty foremost economies, I am trying to get over this awful lingering virus (two weeks so far...) so I can handle the rest of my life. October is going to be busy, with two weddings and two weeks travel down south

Well, I'm impressed, Star!! Do get well, though. I've got a bit of a cold, too, but not nearly such a good reason for it. Irritated, actually, it's just a beautiful fall here, and I've been housebound for two days. Maybe tomorrow.

Looked outdoors before it became dark, and was relieved to see the mama deer with twins - now, the little ones are almost ready to leave, no more spots, and they are almost Mom's size. Relieved because I've been hearing coyotes nearby almost nightly, and I hadn't seen this family lately, even under the apple trees. Another Mom with one fawn was there yesterday, but often I see both families together.

The deer have taken to looking quietly at me as I step out on our deck, but not running unless I move suddenly. Don't know if that is good, with hunting season around the corner.

One good thing I am attributing to the coyotes: my yard plants have all made it through the summer - no groundhogs left...

...For miracles, gravitating
    To earth, know just where people will be waiting,
    And eagerly will find the right address
    And tenant, even in a wilderness.

-Joseph Brodsky

http://thehungersite.greatergood.com...oGive/trs/home

Highlight of the trip to Thailand so far is definitely our stay on Chiew Larn lake in the Khao Sok national park. Diving from the porch of our raft house into clear green waters, riding a longtail boat between towering limestone formations and taking breakfast on a floating banquet table whilst watching langurs frolic. Although it's two days later and my thigh muscles are still killing me after scaling a waterfall. Totally worth it.

There have been several monkey-related highlights: macaques at the temple (no, we didn't touch them, although other silly tourists let them climb all over them) and listening to a gibbon calling whilst lunching in the jungle. We're off to Chiang Mai tomorrow where, amongst other things, we're planning on an (ethical) elephant experience. We finished up our time in the south today by cruising Phang Nga bay, a hike *around* a waterfall and a temple in a cave.

That sounds amazing, Star! I tend to favor urban locations in my travels, but that description is making me rethink the possibilities.
    "Use your natural powers - of persistence, concentration, insight, and sensitivity - to do work you love and work that matters." - Susan Cain, Quiet

"[Y]ou are not too busy to write, you are busy because you do not write." - Wendy Belcher

I have to say that I had a great day - and I love green tea

It was good. Did not do much though.

"Reality is for people who can't handle Science Fiction"

~You'll long for the heaven of hopes, but awake to personal end beyond the peace.~
    ~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
    /| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\