Page 1 of 129 1231151101 ... LastLast

The "I had a crappy day thread"

i hope everybody's ok with this but...
    like most people, i don't always like listening to other people's problems, but i want everybody to listen to mine, so i just thought, maybe, maybe, we could start something where if you wanted to, you can rant about what really ticked you off today, or whatever you want to complain about...and everybody can listen (or pretend to), and you can respond if you wish...

i'd start but i had a pretty good day actually, but i still have three more pages to go on this stupid Othello paper...
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

To die with one's sword still sheathed is most regrettable.
    Miyamoto Musashi

oceanflower Guest
    Well, my 2-yr.-old has had me up since 2:30 A.M....he's not sick, so I don't know what's up... It's now 6 A.M., my daughter just woke up too sick to go to school, I have to get my twins ready for school in one hour, then be at a teacher's conference at 8:30 AM , then take the twins for their yearly doctor's check-up at 3 PM....and I've had 2 hours sleep. I'd have to say this is the beginning of a crappy day.

MSREADER Guest
    H.C,

Looks like you started this just in the nick of time.
    Liz: And it's a Monday!! I think it the perfect day to order out for dinner. I hope your day improves.
    I'm going to bed now.

Well, I can't complain too much right now, I had a day that started out a bit crappy; I hadn't had enough sleep, didn't get to eat until 10pm, got dumped by my friend who'd promised to take me to a concert... but my day somehow got better when I went to work.

Now, I am successfully procrastinating, which means my essay is not getting written...but I'm definitely going to remember this thread, I get the feeling I'll need it in the near future.

oceanflower Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanflower
    Well, my 2-yr.-old has had me up since 2:30 A.M....he's not sick, so I don't know what's up... It's now 6 A.M., my daughter just woke up too sick to go to school, I have to get my twins ready for school in one hour, then be at a teacher's conference at 8:30 AM , then take the twins for their yearly doctor's check-up at 3 PM....and I've had 2 hours sleep. I'd have to say this is the beginning of a crappy day.
    It's now 10:09 P.M. and I'm getting ready to go to bed and put an end to this crappy day. Nighty-night all!

sooo.....today pretty much sucked (enter synonym for donkey here). there's this girl (more like a woman) who i really like, and she is...well...there are very few words to describe her...but i made a complete fool of myself in front of her and then i tried talking to her after that and ended up using a backhoe to dig myself an even bigger hole, that and my foot was getting in the way when i was trying to talk. that and i got a c- on my math test and turned in a four page paper only to find out it was supposed to be six but my friend misinformed me and i only typed four and i asked a really stupid question about crime and punishment (which we are reading in our english class right now, and i found out i'm missing seven math assignments that could really hurt my grade and end of the quarter is next wednesday, and i haven't done and physics homework in about oh...a month, and we have a test tomorrow...and i'm quitting my job cuz i hate it even though i need the money for college and i don't know what job i'm going to do this summer even though my dad's putting a lot of pressure on me to join a carpenter's union, but i don't want to...
    yep, i had a crappy day, and it's only 4:00 in the afternoon, i have the whole rest of the evening to screw up even more, alright...
    on a positive note, i started reading paradise lost, it's amazing, but today still sucks...
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

Miyamoto Musashi

oceanflower Guest
    Wow, H.C., that makes my crappy day sound pratically positive! Don't worry about the young lady in question...we women are used to men ....how shall I say this...well, making asses of themselves because of us, and a really nice young lady will not hold it against you. As for the schoolwork...well, tomorrow's another day to put it all in perspective. And the job decision will just have to wait until the day after tomorrow (As Scarlett O'Hara always said in Gone With the Wind, " After all, tomorrow is another day!" ...and she had a lot of crappy days that she managed to pull herself out of). And if you're thinking "Who asked you, Liz?" the answer is "No one!" ....but I'm a mom and can't help myself.

i have less than 24 hours to my exam.. am i ready? no. and i am unlikely to be..
    the vastness of information is killing me. how on earth could our teacher come up with so much information when he barely speaks during the lectures????????????
    oh, i am truly shocked. i also have to write a 7 page long essay on the very subject: information technologies in harbours. great! truly wonderful beginning of a day..
    and the information for the exam somehow consists 50% of materials in english, 30% in german, only pehaps 20% in Estonian and guess what the language of the examination will be? estonian!!! great! the day is getting better every second.
    every new link i open for information i get killed instantly - more and more things..

i know, i should have started preparing earlier.. i know that, i fully realized it. but that should not stop me from complaining..

and i am waiting for a mail from my friend.. hm.. what am i worried about more? the exam or mail? should be exam!!! concentrate!

thank you for starting this link. it really helps.
    - ganbaru -

oceanflower Guest
    It sounds like our students have bad cases of "spring fever!" Hang in there, musi..good luck with th exam and esay...and maybe after you get the letter you're waiting for, things will look brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by musi
    thank you for starting this link. it really helps.
    no problem, i thought it was a better solution than punching a wall (which is usually how i take out my rage built up through the week, or day, or whatever...)
    Edmund Burke

Miyamoto Musashi