Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't post

I can't post

I am getting some database error. (and only just noticed my posts don't go through, so lost 5 replies or so)

Anyone?

thx.

In principio erat Verbum

Actually, I had a similar problem a few days ago. I am not sure if it is still happening?

Nice to see you anyway, KneD!

Update: just got the same message, but when I refreshed the page, my post was there anyway.

I think that Star has admin powers? Do you know what's up?
    "Use your natural powers - of persistence, concentration, insight, and sensitivity - to do work you love and work that matters." - Susan Cain, Quiet

"[Y]ou are not too busy to write, you are busy because you do not write." - Wendy Belcher

Nice to see you too margaine

I see, the posts do exist. They do show up at the forum-overview-page, but not in the subforum-overview-page, and don't seem to show up in the 'what's new' list. But then, I am not sure if this version of vbulletin does show ones own posts there.

Well, at least nothing is lost.

In principio erat Verbum

I've been getting some odd database errors when doing mod-y stuff but haven't noticed posting problems so far. I did think it seemed very quiet, and maybe that's posts not showing up in the "What's new" view? I'll see what I can find out!

It seems like new topics do show up, replies don't. (in the what's new section)

In principio erat Verbum

I just upgraded vbulletin to see if that fixes this. I think the issue probably started when I did an upgrade on the PHP and MySQL versions the server was using.

It's still there, incka. For some time, I've been getting a warning not to navigate away from the page:

"Changes made to the editor will be lost.
    Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?"

When I go back and retry, the message tells me that it's a duplicate.

Same thing just happened, although when I go back and look, the post has made it through.

...For miracles, gravitating
    To earth, know just where people will be waiting,
    And eagerly will find the right address
    And tenant, even in a wilderness.

-Joseph Brodsky

http://thehungersite.greatergood.com...oGive/trs/home

I'm also still not seeing new posts show up in the "What's new" view. Also, there are new posts that show up in the forum/subforum views that I can't actually navigate to in threads. Anyone else having similar issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Anise View Post
    I'm also still not seeing new posts show up in the "What's new" view. Also, there are new posts that show up in the forum/subforum views that I can't actually navigate to in threads. Anyone else having similar issues?
    Yes, I have noticed both of those issues.
    "Use your natural powers - of persistence, concentration, insight, and sensitivity - to do work you love and work that matters." - Susan Cain, Quiet

"[Y]ou are not too busy to write, you are busy because you do not write." - Wendy Belcher

OK I'm going to look into this further.

For new posts for now type this URL in, it should work (if not tell me): http://www.literaturejunction.com/activity.php